We hopped on and off these super whizzy trains throughout our three week trip around Japan.
For any train buffs out there, in total our bullet train trips were:
- JR Shinkansen TOHOKU from Ueno Station to Utsunomiya Station, we then transferred to the JR Nikko Line to get to Nikko National park
- Shinkansen HIKARI train to Nagoya and then we transferred to the Ltd. Express (wide view) Hida to Takayama.
The wide view Hida has deep windows that give you a panoramic view of the stunning scenery.
- Ltd. Express (wide view) Hida from Takayama to Nagoya
- Shinkansen HIKARI from Nagoya to Shin Kobe
- Shinkansen SAKURA 553 from Shin Kobe to Hiroshima
- Shinkansen HIKARI 460 from Hiroshima to Shin Osaka
- Shinkansen HIKARI 504 Shin Osaka to Kyoto
- Shinkansen HIKARI 531 Kyoto – Shin Osaka.