The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) Is this you?.
- Are you easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby?
- Do you get rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
- Do you make a point of avoiding violent movies and TV shows?
- Do you need to withdraw during busy days, into bed or a darkened room or some other place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation?
- Do you make it a high priority to arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations?
- Do you notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art?
- Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
- When you were a child, did your parents or teachers see you as sensitive or shy?
Ever since you were small, people have called you sensitive – You have a social and empathic nature, You feel other people’s feelings, You need creative outlets, Multitasking overwhelmes you, Others come to you with their pain and problems, You manage your environment around your sensitivity, You are easily upset by negative emotions, news or images, You ‘feel’ the days of the week, You ‘feel’ the seasons of the year, You are a great listener, You are sensitive to loud noise and other intense sensations, You can easily tell when someone is lying, You often feel drained of energy, Stress causes physical problems, You are more sensitive to stimulants and medication, You take on the symptoms of those around you, You need time alone to recharge, You feel pain more intensely, You have a strong intuition and know things without being told, You hate crowded places, Negativity overwhelms you, You have a vibrant inner life.
Is this you, or someone you know? Then this information will be valuable to you ..
- The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) explained https://bookofresearch.wordpress.com/2015/02/28/the-highly-sensitive-person-hsp/ (long read!)