To reduce my carbon footprint:
- I walk or take the bus into town rather than by car.
- I started having meat free days everyweek.
- I re-use plastic bags, cups/mugs, jars, shoe boxes etc
- I always make sure lights are turned off if there is enough natural light avaliable and unplug devices when they are not used or fully charged.
- I have switched to paperless billing.
- I now buy more second hand clothing.
- I wash my clothes on eco friendly settings and hang them out to dry outside when it is warm enough.
To increase awareness:
- I did a presentation on e-waste to a room of students.
- I petition and actively use social media to spread the message.
- I plan on volunteering with charities such as 'keep britain clean' so I can take a more active approach.